With the current situation involving the Covid-19/ coronavirus. Most major hotels and travel brands have changed their cancellation policy. These policy chances are temporary but with the situation not improving, I suspect that they will be updated continuously for the foreseeable future.
Since people are not traveling and rates are dropping, it may be tempting to travel at this time. I would definitely call and check as there may be hotels available in hot travel destinations where attractions are closed.
If you booked through an agent or a third party such as booking.com, hotels.com or expedia.com, you should use them as your first point of contact when canceling.
Below are compiled some of the biggest worldwide brands and their current cancellation policy. This will stay as up-to-date as possible.
Best Western brands include SureStay, SureStay Plus, SureStay Collection, Aiden by Best Western, Sadie, BW Premier Collection, BW Signature Collection, Executive Residency by Best Western, GLo, Vib, Best Western Premier, Best Western Plus and Best Western.
- The policy applies to any reservation for any future arrival date.
- The policy applies to all regions, both North America and across the globe.
- Guests may cancel at any time, as long as cancellation occurs least 24 hours before arrival, and the reservation is canceled on or before April 30, 2020.
- Hotels will waive all fees associated with the cancellation of the booking.
- Applies to all booking channels.
- A more restrictive cancellation policy may apply to a limited number of high-demand dates at individual hotels.
- Find out more here.
Choice Brands include Ascend, Cambria, Comfort Suites, Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion, Clarion Pointe, Mainstay Suites, WoodSpring Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge and Rodeway Inn.
- Guests residing in China, South Korea, Japan, and Italy with reservations at Choice Hotels in the United States and Canada.
- Guests with reservations at Choice Hotels in China, Japan, and Italy.This policy will be in place until April 30, 2020.
For Guests traveling within the United States or Canada:
- For guests with existing individual reservations, including reservations with non-cancellable, pre-paid rates made directly with Choice Hotels, we will allow changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival as long as the change or cancellation is made by April 30, 2020. If you’ve booked a cancellable rate, modify your reservation here. If you’ve booked a non-cancellable, pre-paid rate directly with Choice Hotels, you may now cancel your reservation using this online form.
- For guests making new individual reservations directly with Choice Hotels between today and April 30, 2020, we will allow those reservations to be changed or canceled at no charge up to 24 hours before a guest’s scheduled arrival date. Modifications can be made here.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
IHG Brands include Regent Hotels and Resorts, InterContinental Hotels and Resorts, Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants, Hualuxe Hotels and Resorts, Crown Plaza Hotels and Resorts, voco, Hotel Indigo, Even Hotels, avid hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites.
- Hotels are subject to local law in the market in which they operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances.
- For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with the terms and conditions of that booking. Please contact the hotel the booking was made with to discuss further.
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
We want to help you plan and book any future travel with confidence. So, for bookings beyond April 30, 2020 we want to remind you of the flexibility already built into our rates and packages that allow our guests to amend travel plans as necessary.
Our Best Flexible Rate allows our guests to change or cancel their reservation one to two days prior to arrival, although some hotels may have a different time frame. Changing the date on any reservations through our Best Flexible Rate may result in different pricing and terms, but there is no fee for making changes.
To modify a reservation for stays beyond April 30, 2020 visit Manage Your Stay.
For more information click here.
Hilton Brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts, LXR Hotels and Resorts, Conrad Hotels and Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites, Tempo by Hilton, Motto by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations.
We have made additional adjustments to our modification and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility while travel remains restricted in many parts of the world.
Existing Reservations. All individual reservations—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are scheduled for arrival on or before June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
New Reservations. Any individual reservations you make—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
Marriott brands include Edition, The Ritz-Carlton, The Luxury Collection, St. Regis, W Hotels, JW Marriott, Marriott, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels, Westin, LeMeridien, Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Colletion, Tribute Portfolio, Design Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard, Four Points, Springhill Suites, Fairfield, Protea Hotels, AC Hotels, A loft Hotels, Moxy Hotels, Homes & Villas by Marriott, Residence Inn, Townplace Suites, Marriott Executive Apartments, Element
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by April 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and April 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or canceled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to individual property rate rules for details.
- Design Hotels and Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) are excluded from this policy.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) is included in this policy for transient reservations only. For owner-occupancy reservations, please contact MVW Owner Services at 800-845-4226 or email@example.com.
- Individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation. For more information, please contact the group organizer or the hotel.
- Group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
- For full details click here
Radisson brands include Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Country Inns and Suites and Art’otel.
– We allow free modifications or free cancellations for all existing and new reservations (in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) for stays until April 30, 2020
– Please note that any modification to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate difference
– Guests who booked via online travel agents or third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies
– For reservations with stays after April 30, 2020, our normal cancellation policy applies
Leisure Groups, Business Groups and Meeting & Events:
– We allow free cancellations for China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, Belgium, Spain, France and U.S. inbound and outbound business for arrivals/meetings & events up to and including April 30, 2020
– This also applies to cancellations resulting from government travel and meeting restrictions for the duration of the respective measurement. This includes, but not limited to, the travel suspension from the European Union to the United States and the visa suspension for India
– In all other instances, our hotel teams will work directly with you to evaluate changes needed on a case-by-case basis
– For arrivals/meetings & events after April 30, 2020, our normal cancellation policy applies
For more information click here.
Wyndham brands include AmericInn, Baymont, Days Inn Dazzler, Dolce, Esplendor, Hawthorn, Howard Johnson, LaQuinta, Microtel, Ramada, Super 8, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge, Tryp, Wingate, Wyndham, Wyndham Garden and Wyndham Grand.
Guests traveling with new or existing direct bookings for stays in any of our hotels through May 31, 2020 will have their cancellation or change penalties waived if the request is received at least 24 hours (or less if permitted by the hotel’s policy) prior to arrival.
Guests who are prohibited from traveling to their booked hotel under applicable law will have their cancellation or change penalties waived on direct bookings.
For new or existing direct bookings with arrivals after May 31, 2020, all of our properties are required to accommodate non-cancellable rate reservation changes if the request is received at least 48 hours prior to arrival and the same number of room nights or more are booked for a future stay.
We are pausing the expiration of any Wyndham Rewards points scheduled to expire between now and May 31, 2020 and have extended current Wyndham Rewards Member Levels (status) for all members in the Greater China and Southeast Asia Pacific Rim regions through the end of 2021.
We are committed to, and actively exploring, additional steps that we can take to help all Wyndham Rewards members globally, which will include relaxed Member Level earning requirements, among other options. Due to rapidly evolving circumstances, it’s too soon to share specifics, however, we will do so as soon as possible.
If your favorite brand is not included, please leave a comment below so it can be added. Thanks for visiting acebazaar.com. Hopefully, you are inspired to leave your email so that you can be updated about all of the great information that we are researching.