With the current situation involving the COVID-19/ coronavirus. Most major hotels and travel brands have changed their cancellation policy. These policy chances are temporary but with the situation not improving, I suspect that they will be updated continuously for the foreseeable future.
Since people are not traveling and rates are dropping, it may be tempting to travel at this time. I would definitely call and check as there may be hotels available in hot travel destinations where attractions are closed.
If you booked through an agent or a third party such as booking.com, hotels.com or expedia.com, you should use them as your first point of contact when canceling.
Below are compiled some of the biggest worldwide brands and their current cancellation policy. This will stay as up-to-date as possible.
Best Western brands include SureStay, SureStay Plus, SureStay Collection, Aiden by Best Western, Sadie, BW Premier Collection, BW Signature Collection, Executive Residency by Best Western, GLo, Vib, Best Western Premier, Best Western Plus and Best Western.
- The policy applies to any reservation for any future arrival date.
- The policy applies to the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean.
- Guests may cancel at any time, as long as cancellation occurs least 24 hours before arrival, and the reservation is canceled on or before June 30, 2020.
- Hotels will waive all fees associated with the cancellation of the booking.
- Applies to all booking channels.
- A more restrictive cancellation policy may apply to a limited number of high-demand dates at individual hotels.
- Find out more here.
Choice Brands include Ascend, Cambria, Comfort Suites, Comfort Inn, Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion, Clarion Pointe, Mainstay Suites, WoodSpring Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge and Rodeway Inn.
- For guests with existing individual reservations, including reservations with non-cancellable, pre-paid rates made directly with Choice Hotels, we will allow changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020 and is compliant with hotel country regulations. You can cancel or modify your reservation here. If you are experiencing difficulties canceling your reservation, you may use this online form.
- For a limited time, guests making new individual reservations directly with Choice Hotels, we will allow those reservations to be changed or canceled at no charge up to 24 hours before a guest’s scheduled arrival date. Modifications can be made here.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance.
IHG Brands include Regent Hotels and Resorts, InterContinental Hotels and Resorts, Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants, Hualuxe Hotels and Resorts, Crown Plaza Hotels and Resorts, voco, Hotel Indigo, Even Hotels, avid hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resorts, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites.
- Existing bookings (bookings made through April 6, 2020) at all IHG hotels* can be changed or canceled for stays up to June 30, 2020.
- Hotels are subject to local law in the market in which they operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances. (including the type and timing of the refund).
- If you cancel a rate that required a deposit or payment in advance, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Refunds (which may be vouchers where required by local law) may take up to 90 days for hotels to process from the date of cancellation. Reservations may be changed without a fee but may result in different pricing.
- Exclusions may apply for time periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks.
- Bookings via a third-party: For bookings made through an online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) or third-party travel professionals, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
- Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting groups and meetings organizers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with terms and conditions of that booking. Please contact the hotel the booking was made with to discuss further.
For more information check out IHG
Hilton Brands include Waldorf Astoria Hotels and Resorts, LXR Hotels and Resorts, Conrad Hotels and Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites, Tempo by Hilton, Motto by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations.
We have made additional adjustments to our modification and cancellation policies to provide you with maximum flexibility while travel remains restricted in many parts of the world.
Existing Reservations. All individual reservations—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that is scheduled for arrival on or before June 30, 2020 can be changed or canceled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
New Reservations. Any individual reservations you make—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or canceled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
Marriott brands include Edition, The Ritz-Carlton, The Luxury Collection, St. Regis, W Hotels, JW Marriott, Marriott, Sheraton, Marriott Vacation Club, Delta Hotels, Westin, LeMeridien, Renaissance Hotels, Autograph Collection, Tribute Portfolio, Design Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard, Four Points, Springhill Suites, Fairfield, Protea Hotels, AC Hotels, A loft Hotels, Moxy Hotels, Homes & Villas by Marriott, Residence Inn, Townplace Suites, Marriott Executive Apartments, Element
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or canceled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to individual property rate rules for details.
- Design Hotels and Homes & Villas by Marriott International (HVMI) are excluded from this policy.
- Marriott Vacations Worldwide (MVW) is included in this policy for transient reservations only. For owner-occupancy reservations, please contact MVW Owner Services at 800-845-4226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation. For more information, please contact the group organizer or the hotel.
- Group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
- For full details click here
Radisson brands include Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Red, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Country Inns and Suites and Art’otel.
– We allow free modifications or free cancellations for all existing and new reservations (in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) for stays until June 30, 2020
– Please note that any modification to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate difference
– If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount for you to redeem on your next reservation, at the same property, until March 31, 2021
– New reservations made between April 1 and June 30, 2020, for any future arrival date (all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) can be changed or canceled at no charge, up to 24 hours before the arrival date. This includes reservations with the advanced purchase rates described as noncancelable
– Guests who made reservations via online travel agents or third-party travel professionals are advised to contact them directly for information on their policies
– For reservations after June 30, 2020, our normal cancellation policy will apply
Leisure Groups, Business Groups and Meeting & Events:
– Free cancellations on existing and new reservations and/or meetings & events until June 30, 2020, (in all countries and all RHG hotels worldwide) if the meeting/event cannot be rebooked to a later date. Any modifications to any existing reservation are subject to availability and any rate difference
– If a deposit has been paid for an existing reservation, we will credit you the full amount (less already incurred costs) for the customer to redeem on their next reservation, at the same property, until March 31, 2021
– Groups who made reservations via third-party meeting organizers are advised to contact them directly for any adjustments
– Arrivals/meetings & events after June 30, 2020, our normal cancellation policy will apply
For more information click here.
Wyndham brands include AmericInn, Baymont, Days Inn Dazzler, Dolce, Esplendor, Hawthorn, Howard Johnson, LaQuinta, Microtel, Ramada, Super 8, Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge, Tryp, Wingate, Wyndham, Wyndham Garden and Wyndham Grand.
Guests traveling with new or existing direct bookings for stays in any of our hotels through May 31, 2020 will have their cancellation or change penalties waived if the request is received at least 24 hours (or less if permitted by the hotel’s policy) prior to arrival.
Guests who are prohibited from traveling to their booked hotel under applicable law will have their cancellation or change penalties waived on direct bookings.
For new or existing direct bookings with arrivals after May 31, 2020, all of our properties are required to accommodate non-cancellable rate reservation changes if the request is received at least 48 hours prior to arrival and the same number of room nights or more are booked for a future stay.
We are pausing the expiration of any Wyndham Rewards points scheduled to expire between now and May 31, 2020 and have extended current Wyndham Rewards Member Levels (status) for all members in the Greater China and Southeast Asia Pacific Rim regions through the end of 2021.
We are committed to, and actively exploring, additional steps that we can take to help all Wyndham Rewards members globally, which will include relaxed Member Level earning requirements, among other options. Due to rapidly evolving circumstances, it’s too soon to share specifics, however, we will do so as soon as possible.
If your favorite brand is not included, please leave a comment below so it can be added. Thanks for visiting acebazaar.com. Hopefully, you are inspired to leave your email so that you can be updated about all of the great information that we are researching.